Monday, February 11, 2013

Listening to my Heart



My heart is speaking to me. It has been nudging me for weeks, whispering in my ear, keeping me up at night and in general, being so loud that I am finding it hard to concentrate, I am unable to sleep, and I’m feeling restless and unsettled.

This happens to me every once in a while, and sometimes I ignore it. It’s those times when I know I will fail myself. I tell it to be still, keep quiet, I m not ready or I don’t have the time; I have other things on the go. Unfortunately, I am not always the type of person who learns from my mistakes. I let history repeat itself again, and again and again. Yet I tell my daughter all the time, "when you know better, do better". I should listen to my own advice!

Today I said to myself, “Tannis, your heart is talking, please just shut up and listen!” Today, and in the coming days, I am going to just be still and take note. I am going to let time do its thing, I am going to let my inner voice resonate within me, and I am going to listen. I know that beautiful things will come from it. I know where the end point is, I just need to be brave enough to partake in the journey, no matter how much it scares me, no matter what comes of it.

Have you ever had moments, when your body gives you clues and you have ignored them? Maybe you read them the wrong way? Maybe you have forgotten? My body is giving me clues. I have this feeling coming upon me. It's that feeling I would imagine getting before jumping out of a plane, or waiting in line to go on a Ferris wheel (which I love to hate), it is that feeling that comes upon me before something big is about to happen.
 
I am going to trust in the process, I am going to take advantage of those days that creativity is seeping from my body and flowing through my blood, and I am finally going to begin the process of making those dreams a reality!

It’s an art, listening to what the universe is telling us. Do you struggle with it? Tell me, I so want to know that I am not alone in this!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Tannis

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Tannis! Way to make that commitment to be still and listen. I too struggle with this. I have also learned to not focus too hard either because it nurtures impatience sometimes. The balance is often a struggle. That is to pay attention and yet to rest and let it emerge. Much love, Shannon

    ReplyDelete